DOwnton Abbey Teas
By Republic of Tea
Limited Edition DOwnton Abbey Teas
Enjoy watching Downton Abbey as you sip on a delicious cup of tea. The Republic of Tea has come out with three unique teas to celebrate the new movie and you can find them at Whisk!
Downton Abbey® Lord & Lady Grantham's Tea
The combination of traditional black tea and rich, fragrant spices makes this tea fit for royalty. Aromas of sweet cinnamon and cloves will fill your house as you make & drink this cup of tea.
Downton Abbey® The Bates' Tea
Try this delicious Plum Pudding black tea. The traditional flavors of plum pudding – baked fruit and spices – are married with the virtuous flavor of vanilla. This cup of tea is perfect for high tea and is equally good paired with finger sandwiches or sweet scones.
Downton Abbey® Violet & Mary's Tea
This tea is full of ginger, orange bergamot, mint and lemon thyme flavors that make a bold cup. Serve it to your favorite Downton Abbey friends!
Whisk Tea Kettles & Accessories
Whisk also carries everything else you need for a great tea experience!
To fully appreciate the distinctive flavors of these wonderful teas, start with water at just the right temperature. Whisk’s electric kettles have precise settings for green tea, white tea, oolong tea, black tea and coffee—all at the push of a button. Prepare water for your favorite beverage in just minutes!
Enjoy these Teas with Our FAvorite Raspberry Scones!
Raspberry Almond Scones
-3 cups all-purpose flour
-1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
-1 lemon, zested
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1½ sticks cold butter, cut into pea size pieces
-1 cup raspberries
-½ cup toasted sliced almonds
-½ cup heavy cream
-Sugar for garnishing
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt. Add in the butter and rub with your fingers into the dry ingredients until a coarse meal forms.
2) Add in the raspberries and almonds. Add the heavy cream and the vanilla extract to combine it into the butter flour mixture. Form the dough into a 1-inch thick disk and cut it into 6 wedges.
3) Sprinkle each wedge generously with the sugar.
4) Transfer the wedges to a parchment-lined sheet tray and bake in the preheated oven for 17 to 18 minutes, turning the pan halfway through.
Yield: 6 large or 12 mini scones