Whisk holiday preview sale - great deals on everything in the store - through sunday, nov. 19th
Date: March 21, 2016
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at cool room tem
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4-1 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease 3 8" or 9" round cake pans.
- Cut circles of parchment paper to fit inside. Set aside.
- Thoroughly whisk or sift the flour and baking powder together. Set aside
- Beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar, salt and vanilla, and continue to cream until very light and fluffy, about ten minutes.
- Drizzle in the eggs a bit at a time over the course of about 5 minutes, making sure each addition is well incorporated before adding more.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and wet ingredients, beginning and ending with dry. Add the dry in three additions and the milk in two additions.
- Divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake on the middle rack for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then invert on racks to cool completely.
- Frost as desired.