We're open for shopping on Saturday, September 15th. If you were evacuated from the coast, bring your id. You get 20% OFF!
Almond and Panko crusted Trout with Beurre "Noisette"
Date: March 25, 2016
- 2 1/2 pounds rainbow trout fillets, de-skinned
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten and mixed with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Season with salt & pepper, Old Bay, or cajun
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons whole butter
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pulse the almonds with the panko in a food processor for a few seconds.
- Set up one dish for the flour.
- Another dish for the egg/milk mixture.
- In the final dish the almond/panko mixture.
- Dip both sides of the trout in the flour and shake off the excess.
- Dip the filet in the egg mixture and let it drain a little.
- Take the filet and coat it both sides with the panko/almond mixture.
- Have all of the filets breaded before cooking.
- Cook the fish in batches, place filets on a pan and keep them warm.