Looking for a deliciously simple almond cookie recipe with few ingredients? This one is for you!
Date: March 25, 2016
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 2 tablespoons honey (lavender is preferred)
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups (8 oz) unblanched Almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a 9-inch round cake pan as a template, cut a round of parchment paper the same size as the pan.
- Then place the parchment into the bottom of the pan.
- With a pastry brush, brush the paper and the sides of the pan with the almond oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, sugar, flour, and egg white.
- Beat vigorously with a whisk until the mixture is white and foamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the almonds and stir thoroughly coat the nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake until an even, golden brown and puffy, about 12-15 minutes.
- Rotate the pan half way through.