We're fully stocked with new items for Fall cooking and baking. Come look!
Angel Hair Pasta with Basil Pesto, Chicken and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Date: August 9, 2016
- 250 grams flour (about 2 cups)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water, if needed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place flour on a clean surface. Make a hole in the center and add the eggs, and oil. Begin incorporating the flour using a fork to pull it into the center. It’s ok if there are lumps.
- Add water if still crumbly or if it doesn’t all “stick” together. You want the dough to form a ball.
- Once the mixture is combined begin kneading. This may take 10-15 minutes. Continue kneading until dough is smooth.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for at least 25 minutes but no more than an hour. Place in fridge if the dough is going to be rolled out the next day.
- You can also place all ingredients into a stand mixer and mix with a dough hook until it forms a smooth ball. Finish kneading on a clean surface before wrapping in plastic wrap.
- Bring to room temperature before rolling out the dough.
- Follow the instructions on the pasta machine. Make sure to start at the lowest number (widest the machine will go) and work your way up, not skipping any numbers.
- Then feed the pasta through the angel hair attachment (usually the thinnest one). Dust with flour and make a nest on a floured surface until ready to boil.
Basil Pesto (1 cup)
- 2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (could also use walnuts)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- Place the first 4 ingredients into a food processor and pulse several times.
- Scrape down the sides and add in half the olive oil.
- While the machine is running drizzle in the rest of the olive oil.
- Add in the Parmesan and process another few seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided in half, plus another tablespoon
- salt and pepper
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken on both sides and place in an oven proof dish
- Drizzle chicken with the other 1 tablespoon olive oil and place in the oven, covered, at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the other two tablespoons olive oil on the tomatoes in a separate baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes at 400°F for 25-35 minutes, or until they start to bubble and brown slightly. (This can be done a couple hours ahead and left at room temperature until ready to use.)
- Cut chicken and combine with pesto and tomatoes.
- Once pasta is cooked combine with the chicken, pesto and tomatoes.
Yield: 6 servings