Apple & Pear Gingersnap Crisp
Date: April 9, 2016
- 3 large ripe Bosc pears
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps
- Preheat the oven to 3750. Spray an 8-by-11-inch baking dish with oil.
- Peel, core & thinly slice pears and apples.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour and salt with the butter and brown sugar until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the crushed gingersnaps and pulse 2 or 3 times, just to incorporate the cookies.
- In a large bowl, toss the pears, apples and dried cranberries with the lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and flour.
- Spread the fruit in the prepared baking dish. Press the topping into clumps and sprinkle all over it. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
- Yields 8 servings