Whisk Oktoberfest!! 20% off German knives, cookware, bakeware, and more. Now through September 24th!
Azteca Chocolate Truffles
Date: July 26, 2017
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces chocolate (68% or higher)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoons sea salt
- In a saucepan, bring cream, chocolate, orange, cinnamon and peppers to a simmer.
- Allow mixture to cool, and then bring back to a simmer.
- Strain through a fine mesh.
- Fold in butter and salt and allow to cool once again.
- Once fully cooled, scoop the mixture into balls (or any other shape desired), then roll in cocoa powder.
Yield: 20 servings