Enjoy 20% off Schmidt Bros. BBQ Tools Through June 30!
Date: June 10, 2017
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons water (157g)
- ½ teaspoon instant yeast (2g)
- 2 cups + ⅓ cup bread flour (314g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (9g)
- Add all ingredients to a stand mix and mix on 1st speed for 3 minutes.
- Raise speed of your mixer up one level and mix for another 3 minutes.
- Allow dough to ferment for 1.5 hours, folding after 45 minutes.
- Divide into two 14 ounce (400g) loaves and pre-shape the dough.
- Rest for 15 minutes and then shape the dough for its final shape.
- Allow dough to proof for one hour.
- Bake at 480°F for 24 minutes— 10 minutes with steam. You can create steam with a water bath or by tossing ice cubes in the bottom of your oven.
Yield: 2 Loaves