End of Summer Sale - 20% OFF Ice Cream and Popsicle Gadgets, Life Factory Glasses, and BBQ Tools - Ends August 27th.
Balsamic Mushrooms Stuffed with Black Beans, Avocado & Roasted Corn
Appetizers & Small Plates, Vegetables
Date: June 6, 2017
- • ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- • ½ cup olive oil
- • Juice of 1 lemon
- • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- • 4 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely minced
- • 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 8 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 ears fresh corn; fired roast, kernels removed
- 2 cups sweet potato; diced, roasted w/olive oil
- 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, ripe and small dice
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (use the stems too!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare Mushrooms: In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, thyme, and salt.
- Place mushrooms in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in marinade, seal bag, and toss to coat mushrooms thoroughly. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grill or sauté mushrooms until tender and juicy, 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Prepare Filling: Prepare all the veggie ingredients as indicated and add them to a large serving bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Assemble Mushrooms: Fill warm mushrooms with salad and serve warm or at room temperature
Yield: 8 Servings