NEW! Le Creuset Spring Collection–preorder your cocotte today!
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Date: February 12, 2016
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 bananas, cut into 1/2” slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 loaves stale French bread, ½” cubes
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ¼ cup banana liqueur
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and rum in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves and mixture thickens.
- Add heavy cream and salt and stir until combined.
- Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Serve warm.
- In a nonstick pan sauté bananas over medium high heat until golden. Add caramel and cook until bubbly.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, liqueur, salt, half and half, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Butter a 9x13 casserole dish. Add the bread and pour over custard.
- Let pudding stand at least 30 minutes or even overnight, periodically pressing down bread to help absorb custard.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake pudding 30-45 minutes or until puffed and set in center. Serve warm with bananas and ice cream.
Ingredients 1-6 and Preparation Steps 1-5 are for the Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce
Ingredients 7-8 and Preparation Step 6 are for the Bananas
Ingredients 8-16 and Preparation Steps 7-11 are for the Pudding