Lodge cast iron sale - 20% OFF all pieces! Friday, September 21st - Sunday, September 23rd.
Basic Waffle Recipe
Appetizers & Small Plates, Main Courses
Date: October 26, 2016
- 1 egg
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Separate egg and beat the white until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat until you have firm peaks. Reserve.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl. In a separate bowl combine the milks, egg yolk and oil.
- Whisk both mixtures separately to incorporate ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir together only until combined. DO NOT over mix. There may be a few lumps.
- Fold in the reserved egg white.
Yield: 3 Large Waffles