We're fully stocked with new items for Fall cooking and baking. Come look!
Basil Parsley Pesto and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Date: April 9, 2016
- 4 cups basil leaves
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- Place the herbs, garlic, and nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times. Scrape down the sides and add in the Parmesan cheese. Turn the food processor on low and begin drizzling in the oil. Once all the oil is incorporated check for seasoning. It is i
- For the tomatoes, preheat oven to 400 degrees and cut 1 quart of cherry tomatoes in half. Place on a baking pan and drizzle with 3 TBS olive oil and 2 tsp salt. Mix together and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are slightly collapsed and they have los
- To assemble, heat a large pot of water and once it has come to a boil and 1 TBS salt and cook the fresh pasta. Because it is fresh pasta it will only take a minute or so to cook.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add pesto along with 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Once combined add in pasta and tomatoes. Serve with Parmesan cheese grated over the top.
- Note: If you want to freeze the pesto do not add the Parmesan cheese. Add everything else and process to freeze. Once thawed you can add the grated cheese right to the pan.