Whisk holiday preview sale - great deals on everything in the store - through sunday, nov. 19th
Bold & Spicy Beef Brochettes
Date: February 17, 2016
- One 4-ounce bunch flat-leaf parsley
- One 4-ounce bunch cilantro, chopped with stems
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Six 1 1/2-inch-thick boneless rib eye steaks
- Meat should be room temperature, so leave out of the refrigerator for 45 minutes before skewering & cooking.
- In a food processor, combine the parsley with the cilantro, garlic, cumin, coriander, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Pulse until the herbs are finely chopped.
- Add the lemon juice and 1 cup of olive oil. Pulse to incorporate. Add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Pour marinade into a gallon size zip lock bag. Add the steak cubes and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Thread chunks of rib eye onto a long skewer being careful not to overcrowd. NOTE: if you wish you can add onion, peppers or mushrooms onto skewers.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, placing oven rack in top position. Place skewered meat on rimmed baking sheet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Turn skewers occasionally, until the meat is lightly charred in spots and it is cooked medium-rare to medium. Let meat rest before serving.
Yield: 8-10 servings