All-Clad Sale - 50% OFF! While supplies last...
Braised Artichoke & Fontina Bruschetta
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: November 10, 2016
- -For the Crostini:
- 16 baguette slices, between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- -For the artichoke topping:
- 2 pounds small artichokes, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Additional chopped herbs
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 pound Fontina cheese, shredded
- Crostini: (Use steps 2-4)
- Adjust an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler and turn the broiler on high. Rub one side of each bread slice with a garlic half and set on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Brush with the oil and season with salt.
- Broil until the bread is browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and broil the other side 1 minute more. Add toppings of your choice.
- For the Topping: (Use Steps 6-11)
- Pour the olive oil into the skillet, and set it over medium heat. Add the onion in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes or so.
- Add garlic, artichokes and 1/4 cup of water, stirring and tossing occasionally; season with the salt.
- Cover the pan and let everything cook slowly, giving the pan a shake every now and then.
- After 10 minutes, the artichoke slices should be softening. Add the lemon juice. Cook uncovered for more caramelization if you'd like.
- Turn off the heat, add the fresh herbs, and toss.
- Spread the artichokes out in the skillet bottom and scatter the shredded cheese evenly on top, and cover the pan. Allow it to melt into the vegetables.