All-Clad Sale - 50% OFF! While supplies last...
Caramelized Shallot & Roasted Garlic Dip
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: February 19, 2018
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sliced shallots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs (thyme & rosemary)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine the cheeses in the Camembert Baker. Place in the oven under the broiler until bubbly and browned around the edges.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, and cook down to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and season with salt and sugar. Once caramelized, arrange over the melted cheese with the roasted garlic.
- Garnish with herbs and black pepper. Serve with freshly baked French oven bread!
Yield: 10-12 servings