Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Caribbean Rum Glazed Chicken
Date: July 11, 2016
- 4 pounds chicken (any combination)
- ¼ cup island rub
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Caribbean Rum Glaze
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shallots, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Island Rub
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Mix Island Rub Ingredients – until evenly combined in a small bowl. Makes about ½ cup rub.
- Season chicken with salt and rub with oil.
- Sprinkle island rub over chicken and rub it in to make sure it is evenly disbursed.
- Allow chicken to sit 30 minutes or overnight.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, warm olive oil.
- Sauté shallots until translucent – about 5 minutes.
- Add Garlic, ginger and serrano – Cook 1 minute longer.
- Add pineapples, orange marmalade, and vinegar.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook until reduced and thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Chicken can be grilled or roasted in a 425˚F oven until cooked through and juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads 165˚F.
- Pour hot glaze over chicken.
- Serve hot.
Yields: 4 servings