Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Cast-Iron Seared Beef Tenderloin with Arugula and Bleu Cheese
Date: June 8, 2017
- 2 4-ounce cuts of beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons whole butter, unsalted
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese
- 2 handfuls arugula
- Coat the bottom of a cast-iron skillet with canola oil and place over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is coming to temperature, season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is hot enough (you will see one or two wisps of smoke) gently place steaks in the skillet.
- Cook the steaks on one side for approximately 5 minutes. Then, flip the steaks, and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, toss in your butter and allow for melting. Once melted, baste steaks in butter for about two minutes.
- Pull steaks out of skillet and rest them on the bunch of rosemary for 5 minutes to allow even distribution of juices.
- While resting, in a separate bowl, mix the arugula and bleu cheese together. Dress and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place rested steaks on the center of a plate, and gently rest arugula salad on top of the steak. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 Servings