Chicken, Egg, and Vegetable Fried Rice
Date: June 7, 2017
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into pea sized pieces
- 1 medium size carrot, cut into tiny pieces
- 2 small Persian (or Japanese) cucumbers, tiny dice
- 4 eggs
- 6 scallions, cut into tiny pieces, about 1 cup
- 6 cups cooked rice (preferably sushi rice)
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons special chill sauce (optional)
- Mix the eggs and half of the scallions with 1 tablespoon of salt thoroughly - as though you were making scrambled eggs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Pour egg mix in, cooking over moderately high heat for about 1 minute, until it is fully cooked; set aside.
- Prepare the Chicken: Place the meat in a bowl or a deep dish, add cooking wine, 1 tablespoon salt, white pepper, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and corn starch; mix together thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan or wok.
- Add ginger and a pinch of scallions and sauté over moderate heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, stirring constantly over moderate heat. Then add the rest soy sauce, cook about 3 to 4 minutes until it is fully cooked, set aside.
- Prepare the Fried Rice: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the wok or pan. Add the rest scallion and 2 tablespoons salt and continue to cook over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and cucumber, cooking for 2 minutes more. Then add rice and cooked chicken and stir constantly.
- Finally add the cooked eggs, stir and make sure all ingredients are evenly blended.
- Add the chill sauce (optional) and stir again, until it is fully incorporated.
- Serve with other Chinese dishes or enjoy alone.
This dish can be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner and is a great addition to any diet due to its protein, gluten-free carbs and vegetables.
Yield: 4-6 Servings