Whisk Oktoberfest!! 20% off German knives, cookware, bakeware, and more. Now through September 24th!
Chocolate Chambord Bread Pudding
Date: March 29, 2016
- 2 full loaves stale French bread cut into ½” cubes
- 3 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup Chambord
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter a 9x13 casserole dish. Put bread in dish. Heat half-and-half, ½ cup sugar, and salt in a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, then let stand 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Lightly beat eggs together in a large bowl and slowly add chocolate mixture, whisking until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and Chambord. Pour mixture over bread and let soak at room temperature, pressing bread down occasionally, 1 hour. Sprinkle the top with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in a hot water bath until edge is set but center still trembles slightly, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Yields: 6-8 Servings