Treat your Valentine or yourself with these easy to make Chocolate Dipped Strawberries.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Date: January 19, 2016
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1 pound strawberries (about 20)
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry
- Coarsely chop the chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. In a microwave-safe glass bowl, microwave the chocolate, stopping and stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Holding a strawberry by the stem end, dip it in the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. As you set the strawberry down, slide it ½ inch to the side to prevent the formation of a chocolate “foot.”
- Repeat with the remaining berries.
- Refrigerate the strawberries on the baking sheet until the chocolate is firm, at least 30 minutes.