An excellent recipe for Thanksgiving dinner or any fall meal.
Cider Glazed Root Vegetables
Date: November 16, 2015
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and sliced ½- inch thi
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced ½- inch thic
- One 1 1/4 pound celery root—peeled, quartered an
- 3 fennel bulbs, fronds removed, cored and sliced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6-8 thyme sprigs
- 2-3 tbsp. cold butter, cubed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (optional)
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the root vegetables with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide between 2 baking sheets. Roast for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat reduce apple cider and chicken stock with thyme sprigs by half. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter.
- Pour apple cider reduction over veggies and roast until glazed and caramelized. About 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with vinegar before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.