Once you try our quick and easy coconut ginger rice, you'll never want to make regular rice again! The creamy coconut milk, warm ginger, and hint of lime zest come together in perfect harmony to create a flavor sensation you won't want to miss.
Coconut Ginger Rice Recipe
Date: July 11, 2016
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 (13- to 14-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- Melt butter in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until it becomes opaque – about 3 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, chicken stock, cinnamon, and salt – bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, while covered – 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, uncover, discard cinnamon stick, and fluff rice with a fork.
- Garnish with lime zest and scallions while warm.
Yields: 8 servings