Gadgets make great stocking stuffers!
Creamed Spinach with Feta and Pine Nuts
Date: February 12, 2016
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush your baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat 1-teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, half the feta, and cream cheese. Then add the second half of the spinach on top.
- Cover and allow wilting for about 5 minutes, stirring to melt cheeses and evenly coat the greens. Allow any excess moisture to evaporate while cooking a few minutes more.
- Place greens in prepared baking dish and top with pine nuts and remaining feta. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minuets until just slightly browned on top. Remove from oven and serve hot.