We're fully stocked with new items for Fall cooking and baking. Come look!
Fettuccine with Spinach, Bacon and Parmesan
Date: October 11, 2016
- Pasta Prep:
- 250 grams flour (about 2 cups)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water, if needed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 ounces baby spinach, about 1 bag
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese…or more!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pasta Prep (Steps 2-8)
- Place flour on a clean surface. Make a hole in the center and add the eggs, and oil. Begin incorporating the flour using a fork to pull it into the center. It’s ok if there are clumps.
- Add water if still crumbly or if it doesn’t all “stick” together. You'll want the dough to form a ball.
- Once the mixture is combined, begin kneading. This may take 10-15 minutes. Continue kneading until dough is smooth.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for at least 25 minutes but no more than an hour. Place in fridge if the dough is going to be rolled out the next day.
- Bring to room temperature before rolling out the dough. You can also place all ingredients into a stand mixer and mix with a dough hook until it forms a smooth ball. Finish kneading on a clean surface before wrapping in plastic wrap.
- Follow the instructions on the pasta machine. Make sure to start at the lowest number (widest the machine will go) and work your way up, not skipping any numbers. Then feed the pasta through the fettuccine attachment.
- Dust with flour and make a nest on a floured surface until fettucine is ready to boil.
- Dish (Steps 10-16)
- Place bacon in large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Cook on both sides until done. Try to only flip the bacon once. Set bacon aside to cool.
- Add onion to bacon drippings in pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add spinach to the pan and turn off heat.
- Cook pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan along with bacon, ¼ cup pasta water and parmesan cheese.
- Add more pasta water if needed. Serve.
Yields: 6 servings