Gadgets make great stocking stuffers!
Fig and Whipped Goat Cheese Phyllo Cups with Toasted Pistachios
Appetizers & Small Plates, Desserts
Date: November 16, 2015
- 2 packs Athens mini Fillo shells
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/8 cup half and half
- 1/8 cup cream cheese
- 1 basket figs, quartered
- ½ cup pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- Bake phyllo shells at 350 degrees for a few minutes until they start to turn golden brown (maybe 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl or stand mixer whip goat cheese for a few minutes and add half and half and cream cheese. Continue to whip until it’s smooth. Season with salt to taste
- To assemble, place a small spoonful of whipped goat cheese in each phyllo cup. Top with a few fig pieces, small drizzle of honey and several pistachios.