End of Summer Sale - 20% OFF Ice Cream and Popsicle Gadgets, Life Factory Glasses, and BBQ Tools - Ends August 27th.
Florentine Chocolate Tart
Date: March 31, 2016
- 2 ½ cups finely crushed biscuit cookies
- 1 TBS cane sugar
- 4 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- 16 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix crushed biscuits and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and gently mix until well combined.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a 10" false-bottom tart pan.
- Using your hands, spread mixture out in an even layer, then use your fingertips press crumb mixture into bottom and up side of pan to form an even crust.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until crust is set and lightly golden approximately 15 minutes; set crust aside until completely cool.
- Place chocolate in a medium heat proof bowl/pan, set over a medium pot of gently simmering water over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it melts.
- Remove bowl /pan of melted chocolate from heat and set aside.
- Heat cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around inside edge of pan and cream is just about to boil, then remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, put egg yolks into a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk about 1⁄4 cup of the hot cream into yolks.
- Then stir egg–cream mixture back into pot of hot cream.
- Gradually add egg–cream mixture to bowl of melted chocolate, stirring until well combined and smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and set aside to cool, about 30 minutes, then refrigerate until chocolate is completely set, about 3 hours.
- Remove outer ring of tart pan.
- Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
Ingredients 1-3 and Steps 1-6 are for the crust
Ingredients 4-6 and steps 7-16 are for the filling
Yields: One 10” tart