This is a delicious fluffy and light cheesecake. It is great for a cake you will want to snack on later in the week. Although a bit tedious, the end product is completely worth it.
Fluffy Japanese Cheesecake
Date: September 20, 2013
- 300g Cream Cheese
- 45g Butter
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 20g Sugar
- 10g Cornstarch
- 150g Milk
- 3 Egg Whites
- 60g Sugar
- Line an 7 inch cake pan with parchment paper
- Measure out all your ingredients and place them in separate bowls, sifting the cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a double boiler, melt the butter, then add the cream cheese and continue whisking until combined, and then remove from the heat
- In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, 20g of sugar, and the sifted cornstarch
- Heat the milk to a boil, then add it to the egg yolk mixture to thicken over the double boiler, and remove from the heat to mix with the cream cheese mixture
- Make a soft meringue with the egg whites and the 60g sugar, adding the sugar in slowly
- Fold together the meringue mixture and the cream cheese mixture, then pour into the prepared cake pan
- Place the cake pan in a roasting pan, adding boiling water so it comes 3/4 inch up the cake pan
- Place the roasting pan and cake pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to bake for 25 minutes or until the top turns slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake pan in the water bath for another 45 to 60 minutes
- Tke the cake out of the roasting pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate and chill completely before taking the cake out of the pan.