Yield: 6-8 crepes
Crepe Storage - Making Crêpes in Advance
To store in the refrigerator:
- Stack cooled crêpes (NOTE: They won’t stick together if they’re truly cooled before stacking.)
- Cover the stack with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- To reheat, warm each gently in a skillet, or heat each in the microwave (about 30 seconds per crêpe).
To freeze crepes:
- Stack cooled crêpes on a freezer-safe plate with paper towel between each crêpe.
- Cover the stack with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Defrost in the refrigerator and warm each gently in a skillet or the microwave before serving.
- You can also defrost frozen crêpes in the microwave until thawed; once defrosted, heat each until warm, about 15 to 30 seconds per crêpe.
Traditionally, crepes are folded and/or shaped according to the recipe directions. Other than keeping certain fillings in the crepe while cooking, any fold can be used.
1 . The Fold-Over - Place the crepe with the best side down. Put the filling in a line down the center of the crepe. Fold the right side just past the middle and then do the same with the left. This method shows the filling at the ends.
2 . Pocket Fold, a.k.a. Blintz or Egg Roll Fold - Place the crepe best side down. Spoon filling in center of crepe. Fold both sides over filling, then fold bottom and top.
3 . Crepe Suzette Fold - Place the crepe best side down. Spoon filling into the center of the crepe. Fold in half. Fold in half again forming triangle four layers thick. (This is also known as the corner fold.)
4 . The Roll - Spread filling over worse side of crepe leaving a slight edge. Roll-up crepe. Depending on filling, serve sliced. (Also called the cigarette roll)
5 . No Fold, Fold - Place best side of crepe down. Spread filling over crepe leaving a slight edge. Top with another crepe and cover with filling. Keep repeating for a lovely layered dessert. Cut and serve in wedges.