We're open for shopping on Saturday, September 15th. If you were evacuated from the coast, bring your id. You get 20% OFF!
Ginger Molasses Cookie with Apple Cider Glaze
Date: August 10, 2017
- 1½ cups butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider *
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed for one minute until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and molasses and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredient mixture and beat until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least one hour, until chilled. It's essential that the dough be thoroughly chilled before baking. Otherwise, the dough will be soft and difficult to form, and the cookies will flatten out significantly while baking.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1” in diameter. Place on cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the cookies begin to slightly crack on top. Remove from the oven and let cool for one minute then transfer to wire rack.
- In a small bowl combine two cups powdered sugar and 2-3 tablespoons apple cider. Mix to combine. Spoon 1 teaspoon over each cooled cookie. Let set for one hour.
- Store in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
* Apple juice concentrate can be substituted for apple cider, but be sure it is melted.