Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
Appetizers & Small Plates, Sides
Whisk Kitchen - Noreen
Date: June 10, 2017
- 3½ cups gluten free flour mix
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together gluten free flour mix, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Add in butter and cut until crumbly and pea-sized.
- Add eggs and milk, mixing until a cohesive dough forms (it will be slightly sticky).
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Press out dough into a rectangle and then fold it into thirds. Press out again, turn and fold in thirds again.
- Repeat the folding step two more times. This folding process produces a flaky biscuit.
- Press out dough to ¾" thick and cut out biscuits. Place them on a greased cookie sheet
- Place biscuits in the freezer for 20 minutes to allow butter to solidify again.
- Bake in 400° oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir garlic powder into melted butter, then brush the warm biscuits with the garlic butter and enjoy.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Flour Mix:
- Rice Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Potato Starch
- Xanthan Gum