Goat Cheese & Artichoke Crostini
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: June 6, 2017
- 1 (10-ounce) pack frozen artichoke hearts
- [Artichoke hearts thawed and drained thoroughly]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup basil, julienned
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1 French bread loaf, cut into ¼" slices & toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- Set the oven to broil and place the rack a couple of inches from the top. On a baking sheet toss tomatoes and artichoke hearts with salt, pepper and olive oil until evenly coated. Spread into a single layer, broil until warmed through and lightly charred.
- Stir them a little and broil again until charred. Remove from the oven and pour into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until very coarsely chopped. Pour into a bowl and toss with basil.
- Rub each slice of toasted bread with a clove of garlic then spread with a thin layer of goat cheese. Top with about two tablespoons of the hot broiled artichokes and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve warm.
Yield: 12 Servings