NEW! Le Creuset Spring Collection–preorder your cocotte today!
Goat Cheese Omelet with Fine Herbs
Date: July 26, 2017
- 2 tbls fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh herbs
- ---Parsley, chervil, or chives (extra for garnish)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a small bowl and using a rubber spatula, mash the goat cheese with the measured herbs until combined, set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until pale yellow and the egg yolks and whites are evenly combined. Set a serving plate aside.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the egg mixture and stir constantly with a rubber spatula, moving the eggs around the pan until they form small curds, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently shake the pan and use the spatula to spread the egg mixture evenly across the pan—the top of the eggs should have a creamy consistency. Evenly spoon the goat cheese mixture down the middle third of the egg mixture.
- Remove the pan from heat. Using the spatula, fold a third of the omelet over and onto itself. Gently push the folded side of the omelet toward the edge of the pan. Tilt the pan over the serving plate and roll the omelet onto the plate, seam side down
- Garnish with additional herbs and serve immediately.
Yield: 1 Omelet