While Crème Brulee can be an intimidating dish for some, it's very much worth the work! Follow our simple recipe and you'll be sure to make a delicious dessert. The orange flavor of the Grand Marnier perks up this Crème Brulee.
Grand Marnier Crème Brulee Recipe
Date: November 16, 2015
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 quart + 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier
- ¾ cup + ¼ cup sugar + as needed for brulee
- Zest of 1 medium orange + zest of 1 medium orang
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 quart heavy cream, zest of 1 orange, and ¾ cup sugar in saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk yolks until they are a pale yellow.
- Slowly temper cream into yolks. (One ladle at a time)
- Add Grand Marnier, 1 tbsp. vanilla, and pinch of salt.
- Ladle into ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a sheet pan, fill sheet pan with water bath.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- Cool for at least 4 hours.
- Combine 1 pint heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla, and zest of 1 orange. Whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- Garnish with 1 tbsp. orange whipped cream.