Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Ground Beef Filled Grape Leaves (Kiymali Dolma)
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: June 6, 2017
- 1 jar of grape leaves
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup of rice
- 2 medium grated onions
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Rinse grape leaves in warm water and place them in a colander. Place several of the leaves on the bottom of a large pot and set the pot aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, rice, grated onions, and diced tomato. Add parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well.
- Take one grape leaf and add one tablespoon of stuffing in the middle. Fold and roll to form a small dolma and place in the large pot. Repeat the process until the entire batch of filling is used.
- Mix 2 cups of water and lemon juice; add to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the dolma simmer for 35-40 minutes. Serve hot with yogurt or tomato sauce.
Yield: 24 Servings