Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Lemon Mascarpone Crêpe Cake with Fresh Berries
Date: May 23, 2016
- Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3-4 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 5 oz. mascarpone
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz. lemon curd (room temperature)
- Assembly Ingredients:
- 20 crepes
- 1 quart fresh berries
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Fresh mint
- Cream filling:
- 1) Whip heavy cream in mixer (using whisk attachment) until soft peaks form.
- 2) Flavor with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 3) Whip in mascarpone.
- 4) Fold one third of whipped cream into lemon curd with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined.
- 5) Gently fold cream-curd mixture into remaining whipped cream.
- 6) Place one crepe on a cardboard cake board.
- 7) Spread a thin layer of the filling on the crepe (approximately 3 tbsp.). Top with another crepe and press the filling, spreading it evenly. Top with another crepe and filling. Repeat with remainder of crepes and filling, leaving the final crepe plain
- 8) Place the cake on a pedestal cake plate and let it rest for 30 minutes. Top with berries and toasted nuts. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with mint. Slice into wedges and serve.
Yield: 12-16 servings
Follow steps 1-5 for instructions on how to make the cream filling and steps 6-6 for the instructions on how to assemble the cake.