Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi-Mahi with Key Lime Remoulade
Date: March 31, 2016
- 1 10-ounce mahi-mahi fillet, skinned halved
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 8 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 ounces Key lime juice and zest of one lime
- 1 ounce Dijon mustard
- 1 ounce cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place mahi-mahi in shallow dish. Pour coconut milk over. Marinate 1 hour, turning fish over occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, crush the macadamia nuts until they form small crumbs. This will just take a few seconds, don't over process or you will have macadamia nut butter. Spread the crumbs onto a plate.
- Brush the mahi-mahi fillet with melted coconut oil and press the top of each into the macadamia crumbs.
- Place the fillets in the baking dish and bake for 20 min.
- Turn your oven to broil and broil for 5 minutes, until the nuts have gone golden and toasty.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
Ingredients 1-6 and steps 1-7 are for the mahi mahi
Ingredients 7-12 and step 8 is for the key lime remoulade
Yields: 2 Servings of mahi-mahi and 1 cup of remoulade