This easy, delicious mango sorbet recipe is sure to impress your guests and your tastebuds. Add tequila for that extra kick!
Mango Margherita Sorbet Recipe
Date: July 11, 2016
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 ripe mangos
- ½ cup lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- Heat the sugar, water and lime zest in a medium sauce pan until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cut the flesh from the mango.
- Put the mango pieces, sugar water, lime juice and salt into a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
- When completely cooled, removed from the fridge and stir in the tequila.
- Process the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to a plastic storage container and freeze at least 6 hours, until firm.