Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Mango Mojito Sorbet
Date: March 31, 2016
- 2 pounds ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
- Place diced mangoes in blender with water and blend on high speed until very smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a large measuring cup, pushing purée through strainer with a spoon, until you have 3 cups of purée. Reserve remainder for another use.
- Transfer strained purée into a large bowl and whisk in sugar until well dissolved. Whisk in lime juice and salt in small increments, adding more to taste.
- Chill purée in refrigerator until very cold, 2 to 3 hours.
- Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions, then transfer to airtight container and chill in freezer at least 4 hours before serving.
Yield: 4-6 Servings