NEW! Le Creuset Spring Collection–preorder your cocotte today!
Maple Glazed Root Vegetables
Date: February 12, 2016
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6-8 thyme sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, toss the root vegetables with oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- In a small saucepan over medium melt butter with maple syrup.
- Pour maple butter over veggies and continue cooking until tender.
- Drizzle with vinegar before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Yields: 12 servings