We're fully stocked with new items for Fall cooking and baking. Come look!
Molten Chocolate Cakes with Chambord Raspberries
Date: August 9, 2016
- ½ cup butter, plus more to butter the molds
- 6 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar, plus more for the molds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Chambord Raspberries-
- 1 pint raspberries
- 3 tablespoons Chambord
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and sugar with a whisk or electric mixer until pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and mix well. Blend in the flour, until just combined.
- Butter and lightly sugar 4 (4-ounce) molds, custard cups or ramekins. Tap out the excess sugar. Divide the batter among the molds.
- At this point you can refrigerate the desserts until you are ready to eat, for up to several hours, then bring them back to room temperature before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the molten chocolate on a sheet tray for 8 to 10 minutes, the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite ice cream.
- For Chamboard Raspberries: Combine ingredients and let sit for at least 30 minutes, then spoon over tops of the lava cakes.
Cook's Note: Instead of coating the molds with sugar, you can use crushed pistachios or other nuts.
Yield: 4 servings