NEW! Le Creuset Spring Collection–preorder your cocotte today!
Mushroom Demi-Glace Sauce
Main Courses, Vegetables, Sides
Date: February 12, 2016
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup organic beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup prepared demi-glace
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Splash of Cognac
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large sauté pan, cook shallot medium-high heat for 3 minutes, until soft. Add mushrooms, cook until tender. Add beef broth, wine and demi-glace.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until sauce is thick and reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add butter; stir. Add splash of Cognac and pepper. Remove from heat and serve with perfectly cooked steak!