Whisk Oktoberfest!! 20% off German knives, cookware, bakeware, and more. Now through September 24th!
Orecchiette Pasta with Asparagus, Shrimp, Arugula & Toasted Pine Nuts
Date: March 30, 2016
- 1 lb. dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ¾ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- Red pepper flakes (Optional)
- 1) Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water until it's just tender to the tooth, about 10 minutes.
- 2) Meanwhile In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add shallots & garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3) Add the asparagus cook for 1-2 minutes. They should be bright green and slightly crunchy.
- 4) Add the shrimp and cook until just pink in color.
- 5) Add the wine or broth, season, and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- 6) Add the cooked pasta.
- 7) Stir in the parsley, arugula, lemon juice and some pasta water if needed.
- 8) Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Yield: 4-6 Servings