Orecchiette with Shrimp Scampi and Crispy Pancetta
Date: March 29, 2016
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 ounces Pancetta
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 8 ounces sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Zest of two lemons
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1) Cook pasta for 10-12 minutes in boiling salted water.
- 2) While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan. Heat olive oil and sauté shrimp until no bright pink. Remove and then add in pancetta, cooking just until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3) Add sliced onions to the pan and cook until translucent and just begin to brown. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove from the pan and set aside with the pancetta.
- 4) Deglaze pan with white wine, scraping all fond at bottom of pan. Reduce by half then add in broth. Reduce again and finish with lemon juice, chili flakes and salt and pepper.
- 5) Drain pasta and add to sauce with remaining reserved ingredients. Toss and top with cheese and serve.
Yields: 6 Servings