Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Plum Crisp with Almond Mascarpone & Goat Cheese Cream
Date: September 29, 2016
- 3 pounds Italian prune plums, pitted and quarter
- 1½ cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons crème de cassis liqueur
- For the topping:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the fruit, in a large bowl, combine the plums, brown sugar, flour, and cassis. Pour the mixture into a 12 x 8 inch shallow baking dish.
- For the topping, combine the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, oatmeal, walnuts, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is the size of peas.
- Scatter evenly over the plum mixture.
- Bake the plum crunch for 40 to 45 minutes, until the plums are bubbling and the top is browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Top with almond mascarpone & goat cheese cream, if desired. (Recipe can be found on the website).