End of Summer Sale - 20% OFF Ice Cream and Popsicle Gadgets, Life Factory Glasses, and BBQ Tools - Ends August 27th.
Poached Oysters with Watercress Sauce
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: March 31, 2016
- 24 oysters, in the shell
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 1 bunch watercress
- Heavy cream
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- Remove oysters from shell and place in a bowl with their liquid.
- Carefully peel rind off lemons, making sure no pith is included. Cut lemon rind into julienne strips and blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold running water and set aside.
- Pick leaves from watercress. Wash leaves well then blanch in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain well and puree in a blender or food processor.
- Measure 2/3 cup of puree and dilute with sufficient cream so that it will lightly coat an oyster. Keep warm.
- Place remaining ingredients in a pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and bouquet garni.
- Add oyster to pan and poach over gentle heat for 2 minutes. Drain and put oysters back in shells.
- Divide oysters between 4 serving plates and coat with watercress sauce. Garnish with lemon strips.
Yields: 4 Serving