We're fully stocked with new items for Fall cooking and baking. Come look!
Pork and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Date: June 7, 2017
- 2 or 3 pieces of Savory Baked Tofu, diced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, very small dice
- ---season pork with cooking wine and salt
- 1 pound medium size shrimp, deveined
- ⅓ pound Chinese garlic chives; cut into ¼" length
- 1 can of water chestnut, diced tiny (as pork)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 or 2 heads of lettuce or Boston lettuce
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons chicken powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Salt and white pepper for taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons cooking oil in a wok. Add tofu and brown them for approximately 2 to 3 minutes; add a little salt to taste. Place in a dish and set aside.
- Add a little cooking oil to the wok and, when hot, add the shrimp. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp have turned pink.
- Heat another 3 tablespoons cooking oil in the wok; add fresh ginger and pork. Stir fry until cooked thoroughly. Then add chopped water chestnuts, cooked shrimp and tofu; mix together well.
- Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons chicken powder, and hoisin sauce. Stir fry 1 or 2 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Add Chinese garlic chives and sesame oil, mixing well; then move to a serving dish.
- Serve with iceberg or Boston lettuce – (chop off the core end of the lettuce head and cut it in half or just keep it whole).
- Gently pull lettuce pieces off one at a time, fill in the lettuce with the pork and shrimp and enjoy!
Yield: 6-8 Servings