All-Clad Sale - 50% OFF! While supplies last...
Port Braised Short Ribs
Date: February 12, 2016
- 3 pounds short ribs
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, left whole
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 each of carrots, onions, celery, chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock (use as needed)
- Rub short ribs with salt, pepper. Preheat pan, add two tablespoons olive oil
- Brown ribs for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add all other ingredients except the wine and stock.
- Sauté 3 minutes. Add wine and cover the ribs halfway with stock.
- Bring liquid to boil.
- Cover and bake at 350F until tender checking every hour adding more stock as needed. Check every hour until fork tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid. Strain out the veggies before skimming off the fat and reducing over medium heat by 2/3 the amount.
Yields 4 Servings