Whisk Oktoberfest!! 20% off German knives, cookware, bakeware, and more. Now through September 24th!
Roast Peas, Artichokes, and Shrimp with Tomato Wine Sauce
Date: May 23, 2016
- 1-2 cups fresh English peas
- 1 bundle fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 6 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 12-18 shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan Reggiano, to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Handful of fresh chives
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1) Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- 2) Prep sauce: Whisk together broth, wine and tomato paste. In a small saucepan, bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. This should take about 6 minutes.
- 3) Roast vegetables and shrimp: Toss vegetables and shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for approximately 10 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender and shrimp is just cooked through.
- 4) Flavor with lemon and parmesan. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with warm sauce and chives.
Yield: 6 servings