Sidedish perfect for your fall meals.
Roast Pumpkin with Sage Brown Butter
Date: November 18, 2015
- One 3 1/2-pound pumpkin
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Prepare the pumpkin by peeling, halving, and seeding it, and cutting it into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the pumpkin with the onions, olive oil and brown sugar; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the pumpkin on a baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour, or until tender and browned on the edges. Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl.
- Set a small skillet over medium high heat. When it is hot, add the butter and cook until bubbling, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sage leaves and cook for about 2 minutes, until the butter is browned and the leaves are crisp.
- Season the browned butter and sage with salt, pour over the squash, sprinkle with asiago cheese and serve warm.
Yields 4 servings