Gadgets make great stocking stuffers!
Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Herbs
Date: March 29, 2016
- 4 medium carrots (3/4 pound), peeled and sliced
- 2 large parsnips (1 pound), peeled and sliced
- 1 medium head cauliflower (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small butternut squash (2 pounds)
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 sage leaves
- 5 thyme sprigs
- Two 6-inch rosemary sprigs, cut into 2-in length
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil, sage, thyme and rosemary and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 55 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- Scrape into a bowl and serve hot or at room temperature.
Yields: 12 Servings